Nitronic® stainless steels are austenitic, high-strength, corrosion-resistant products that provide higher-performance alternatives to many conventional 300 and 400 Series stainless steels.
Electralloy is North America's exclusive licensed producer of all Nitronic® bar, billet, coil rod, master alloy pigs and ingot products as well as Nitronic® weld wire and weld consumables.
Nitronic® alloys provide excellent mechanical properties at both sub-zero and elevated temperatures, impact resistance at low temperatures and, superb resistance to high-temperature oxidation yet retain good weldability and fabricability, and remain non-magnetic even after extensive cold working.
We AOD refine, argon shroud, and bottom pour all Nitronic® ingots for optimum quality and yield.
Our agreement with AK Steel includes research and technology assistance to ensure that we meet exact chemistry controls through use of the standard Nitronic® melting and processing practices. Our tight chemistry controls ensure continuing product consistency.
Nitronic® Weld Consumables
Nitronic® 50 Weld Wire
- Superior strength and corrosion resistance compared to 316/316L or 317 grades as well as Nitronic® base metals
- Twice the yield strength
- Galling resistance slightly better than 316/316L
- Provides “overmatching” weld/filling properties compared to the base metal being welded
- Can use to weld a range of materials including 308, 309 or 316
- Welds easily using conventional welding processes
- Industries: petrochemical, energy, pulp/paper, textile, food processing and marine
- Applications: include: pumps, valves, fittings, shafting